help-libidn

Re: [platform-testers] libidn 1.36 pre-test and last call

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] libidn 1.36 pre-test and last call
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 15:42:37 +0200

Hi Simon,

Am 17.05.2020 um 13:08 schrieb Simon Josefsson via platform-testers
<address@hidden>:
> Hi!  I have prepared a pretest of libidn 1.36, please test this as if it
> were the proper release:
>
> https://josefsson.org/tmp/libidn-1.36.tar.gz
>
> Consider this a last call for any proposed changes that you want to see
> in the next libidn release!

This builds nicely on Solaris 10 sparc and x86 both 32 and 64 bit and all the
tests pass. I have a question about the libidn.mo-files: can the ones for .so.12
be used by .so.11 also? We will probably have a transition phase where some
applications are still linked to .so.11 and I don’t want to duplicate .mo-files
unless necessary.

Best regards

  — Dago

--
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,