help-libidn

Re: libidn2 support

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: libidn2 support
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 23:12:15 +0100

Tim Ruehsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Added a branch 'coverage' based on branch 'libunistring'.
>
> It contains a make target 'check-coverage' which runs the test suite with
> collection coverage stats and generating HTML output in directory 'lcov'.
>
> It adds a NFC quick check to avoid unneeded normalizations (explained in
> http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/#Detecting_Normalization_Forms).
>
> I also added a few tests to cover more code paths than before, raising
> coverage to:
>   lines......: 88.8% (656 of 739 lines)
>   functions..: 95.1% (39 of 41 functions)
>
> That was the low hanging fruits, covering more code paths is beyond my time.
> You could remove the case_flags from punycode_encode() - not used in libidn2.

Neat.  Take a look in cfg.mk: as part of the release process, coverage
reports are generated too.  It looks similar to your rules, not sure if
there is any difference.  They are online here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/libidn2/coverage/libidn2/index.html

> Interestingly, ltr_ends_ok() in bidi.c is never called. That means
> ltr_lenescsetonbnnsm_ok() always returns false. Not sure what is going on
> here. Maybe just missing test cases - they added more cases for Unicode >
> 6.3.0.

Interesting -- this may indicate a bug in the implementation, worth
looking into comparing with the RFC.  Or an RFC bug :-)

/Simon