help-libidn

Not respecting configuration option

From: Adrian Rakk
Subject: Not respecting configuration option
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 04:26:21 -0400

Hello,

I tried to compile libidn 1.32 on windows with the help of msys. As in most cases it went without a problem. I would like to have a standalone static libidn library for curl using mingw. So I issued the following command:

$ ./configure --disable-valgrind-tests --without-libiconv-prefix

Basically I tried every possible combination disabling also libintl and libpth and tld, still there remains a reference to libiconv in each and every case. Is it possible to omit libiconv somehow? It is a really heavy library that is not used too much by libidn. I have also attached my compiled arhive, so you can see that in spite of libiconv is disabled there are still function calls left. Hence the libidn library is working only if libiconv is also linked by the compiler. Thank you in advance for your answer.