help-libidn

Re: Please update the TLD restriction tables

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Please update the TLD restriction tables
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:26:03 +0100

Christian Hammers <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello
>
> The libidn-1.8 only has .fr and .no TLD restriction tables included.
> Please update from Thomas Jacobs site http://tldchk.berlios.de/ where
> you can find more, including .de, .info and .org.

Hi again.  I think we need a copyright assignment to be able to include
these tables, or at least a clear license statement.  Maybe you can ask
the original author of the tables to assign the copyright to the FSF or
specify the license they use on the tables?  Check doc/tld/*.tld for
license information on the two tables we currently have.

We could also ask FSF if a copyright assignment is really needed for
these data tables.  I recall some discussion that data tables are not
copyrightable, and thus would be OK to include anyway.  On the other
hand, I also recall discussions were data tables are copyrightable.
I'll forward pointers to these tables to them and see if they can
evaluate the situation again.

/Simon