help-libidn

Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for libidn 1.x

From: Adam Strzelecki
Subject: Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for libidn 1.x
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:25:23 +0200

Hi,

During latest update of jabberd2 win32 support I discovered that libidn idna.h are not exported by Visual Studio at all, and latest jabberd2 uses those functions.

So attaching the patch that:
(1) adds LIBIDN_API to idna.h
(2) removed IDN_DLL_VAR and adds LIBIDN_API directly to stringprep.h.in (I don't know why IDN_DLL_VAR was there if we found out that __declspec was causing MinGW problems) (3) removed LIBIDB_API patching from win32/include/gen-win32- headers.pl that is now just making win32/include/config.h file and replacing @PACKAGE_VERSION@

Best regards,
--
Adam