Facing an issue Debian HURD on Vbox

From: address@hidden
Subject: Facing an issue Debian HURD on Vbox
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:54:22 +0530

Hello,

I was hoping to make a contribution on technical documentation , and am trying to get to grips on the GNU HURD/Mach Project.

After going through the initial suggestions on GNU.org and Debian.org i tried launching the preinstalled image of HURD on Virtual Box as prescribed here
 -> http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/hurd-i386/current/README.txt

However when i tried to boot the preinstalled .vdi image on VBox i get an error message -
startext2fs : ext2fs :  device: hds01: No such device or address.

I checked the help-hurd archives and found what appears to be an identical issue in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-hurd/2011-05/msg00002.html

The difficulty i face is that on Vbox the debian-hurd.vdi cannot be used along with an IDE Controller option.
The .vdi file can be used only with a SATA Controller option.
Note i have installed Debian GNU / Linux on Virtual Box on the same hardware.

Regards
Ron