Re: Compatible PCI network card

From: Richard Braun
Subject: Re: Compatible PCI network card
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 09:59:05 +0200

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 11:07:29AM +0100, Dominic Walden wrote:
> Hurd has been working nicely with my old P4 for a few months now. The
> only issue I have is that I cannot get the ethernet card to work. I
> thought, instead of buying a new motherboard, I could purchase a PCI
> ethernet card and use that.

Can you give a detailed description of the NIC that's not working ?
Include things like the output of lspci -v please.

> Does anyone know of a PCI ethernet card which will work with GNU/Hurd?

Debian GNU/Hurd uses netdde, which includes almost all ethernet drivers
from Linux 2.6.29. It doesn't support firmware loading though. Common
Intel PRO 100/1000 as well as Realtek cards should just work.

--
Richard Braun