Qemu image with a working system

From: Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez
Subject: Qemu image with a working system
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:33:59 +0000

Hello.

I was spending some time preparing a new Qemu image. This time is totally
based on my own "day by day" Debian GNU/Hurd system. Last dist-upgrade was
sunday 10/03/2010. It have a complete working Xorg system included, as well
as others programs, games,... The complete packages list is in the file
Packages.txt, under the superuser 'root' directory. I deleted my "real" user
account and added a "generic" user, 'smith' (yes, i like the Matrix saga).

The 'root' user password is "root" and the 'smith' user password is "smith".

The window manager i like and use is FluxBox, but you can install whaterver
you want. Under the superuser 'root' directory you can find a shell script
with the command line i use for enter to the Console. If someone wants can
improve the system making the Console starts at System boot.

I tried to apply the "holes" elimination method that Samuel Thibault
recommended at http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2010/04/msg00074.html but
the command 'dd < /dev/zero > /mnt/mnt/foo bs=1M' fails because there is not
enough free space on the "disk". My humble opinion is that is important get
a bigger disk image than this with only 1,5 Gb. for a better "GNU/Hurd on
Qemu" experience. But i don't know how to get it, sorry. At least, by now.

Well, you can download the Qemu image here,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6417512/Hurd/debian-hurd-03102010-qemu.img.tar.gz

Enjoy it!!.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://lordofunix.eu5.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.