[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SVG logo
Re: SVG logo
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:38:14 +0200
On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:16:04AM +0200, Miche wrote:
> But now that i've had a short look into writing SVG by hand, i want to
> show You my results. I have attached a handwritten Version of the
Note that a hand-written SVG version has been available for some time on
In fact, it's even linked from the URL mentioned in the original mail
since March 2008...
Still, it's rather nice :-) When comparing to the variant mentioned
above, I was not quite sure which one I like better, so I matched the
size to the original version, and started looking for subtle differences
-- and finally to fix it up myself. Here is what I found:
- The long arrows are *much* closer to the original in your version, and
subjectively look better too IMHO. Have not touched them.
- The short arrows don't quite match the original in *any* of the SVG
versions -- not in the Inkscape-generated in the original mail, not in
the other hand-written variant mentioned above, and not in yours.
While not an exact reproduction of the original, your's don't really
look worse though I would say, so I left it as is.
- The line width was a tiny bit to thin I think (while in the above
version it's definitely too thick), so I increased it slightly from
1.5 to 1.6.
- The arrows were definitely too small. Bumped from 2.5 to 3.
- The position of the arrows was wrong. The sophisticated calculation
you did is actually not desired: The arrow heads *do* melt into the
boxes in the original. Changed accordingly.
- The corners were rounded way too strong (while in the above version
they are not rounded at all) -- in the original, they are only very
slightly rounded. I changed it to use stroke-linejoin (inspired by the
Inscape version) instead of rx/ry, and it's much closer to the
- One thing surprised me that all three SVG versions, though on a
transparent background, use white filled boxes. That seems illogical
to me, so I changed it.
I also used stylesheets like in the above variant to simplify the code,
and removed some unnecessary bits from the SVG element (we don't need
XPath nor events). I wasn't sure about the profile=full bit though. Is
it really necessary?
(Note that I actually have no clue about SVG; I just played with what
was already there :-) )
- Re: SVG logo, Miche, 2008/09/05
- Re: SVG logo,