Re: Wireless networking in HURD

From: Máté Gergely
Subject: Re: Wireless networking in HURD
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 02:45:30 +0200

Hi,

thank you for your answer! That sounds good at first. I have read that the orinoco supports three somewhat different network card designs. Neither of those need firmware?

I ask that because I am _before_ buying wireless hardware. Currently I use Broadcom B43, but for as I know, this has firmware issues.

As I am before buying, I am also interested in possible 802.11g and WPA options. Does anyone has information regarding those?

My developing skills are at a very low level, imho.

Therefore I would be very interested in information sources about the HURD networking. Where should I go to read?

Best wishes,
Gery Mate