Re: Cross-compile GNU/Hurd?

From: Shakthi Kannan
Subject: Re: Cross-compile GNU/Hurd?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:30:45 +0200

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply (been traveling a lot).

----- On 9/30/07, Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@gnu.org> wrote:
| My answer is available at
| <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-hurd/2007-07/msg00000.html>.
\--

Thanks. The following two links didn't open, are they temporarily down?
http://nic-nac-project.de/~schwinge/tmp/cross-gnu-env
http://nic-nac-project.de/~schwinge/tmp/cross-gnu

I sent an e-mail to Vitalie Ciubotaru, and he provided me with your
cross-gnu and cross-gnu-env scripts he has used. I haven't tested them
yet. I have put the scripts here:
http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/CrossCompilationGuide

This is also linked from here:
http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/HurdResources

-----
| What specifically are you looking for?
\--

I would like to know if:

1. The images built from the cross-build setup can be test run (GNU
Mach+GNU Hurd) with qemu on x86? This is to speed up
development/testing with qemu, and for those who don't have hardware.

2. We can provide Eclipse/Anjuta plugins for the above development environment?

3. There is a possibility to use this build environment with scratchbox?
http://www.scratchbox.org/

I am not sure about the technical difficulties, but, appreciate any
feedback on the feasibility of the above.

Thank you,

Shakthi