Re: New wiki system: logging in

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: New wiki system: logging in
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:35:06 +0200

El Jueves, 9 de Agosto de 2007 22:36, Thomas Schwinge escribió:
> For one, ikiwiki supports the usual (username, password) combo for
> logging in.  Yet another username and password to remember.  Or
> alternatively have your browser remember it for you if you trust that
> one.

I have my encrypted KDE keychain which I mostly trust.

> Now, ikiwiki also supports OpenID for logging in, see
> <http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/openid/>, <http://openid.net/>,
> <https://www.myopenid.com/>.  Does someone have any experiences with that
> service?  I just read a bit about it.  It sounds very powerful.  And it
> sounds a bit dangerous as well.  So, do we want to use it?  Do we want to
> forbid using it?

I don't know enough about OpenID, but KDE 4 and Drupal 6 are both going to
support OpenID 2.0 (which seems to be better than he previous versions), so
it might be a good bet to support OpenID 2.0 as well. It will mean, that I'll
be able to use my KDE ID in the wiki, or use the wiki ID in KDE.

What are the risks of it?

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
Heißt politisch sein

-- Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel (PGP/GnuPG):
http://draketo.de/inhalt/ich/pubkey.txt