Re: GRUB install question for HURD

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: GRUB install question for HURD
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:05:12 +0530

On 7/10/07, Arguri <larguri_2006@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi
> it is tedious to type the GRUB commands for GRUB floopy, how can i
> install GRUB into my HURD partition. should i create a directory
> "/boot/grub" and copy all of the files from floppy to that directory
> and then edit "menu.lst" to have those lines (except "-s")

I assume you boot Arch Linux via Grub (and not Lilo. If Lilo install
Grub). You can then boot your normal Linux system and open the grub.conf
(menu.lst, however) and create a new menu entry with the commands you
typed in at the grub prompt.
i.e.
title gnu hurd
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/gnumach.gz root=device:hd0s4
module (hd0,3)/hurd/ext2fs.static ....
module (hd0,3)/lib/ld.so ...

hey Arguri,

 thanks buddy and  i figured that out just 1 min before reading your email ;-)

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/