Re: Hurd features (continued)

From: Shams
Subject: Re: Hurd features (continued)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:55:33 +1300

Hi,

Yes I read up later on Reiser3/4 and its bads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiserfs

And good news is that ext4 is now included into the Linux 2.6.* kernel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4

Do you know:
1. With ext2 for Hurd what is the minimum and maximum partition size that
Hurd can make use of or is restricted to? I know ext2 supports a max of 2
TiB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext2

I mean for my Hurd installations is there a guide for hardware/software
requirements
guide somewhere?

2. In the MBR the partition type for ext2 is partition type 0x83, do you
know what this is for the Guid Partition Table (GPT)? Is the Hurd
partitition
types shared with the ones for Linux and is this I think going to happen for
some
time to come?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

3. I assume that if I want to develop Mach/Hurd and related translators etc,
I will have
to do this on Linux first and then create an ISO image to install into the
required
partition? Is there a guide for this somewhere?

4. Are you actively involved in developing for Hurd at the moment?

Thanks
Shams