Re: Hurd and Unix/Linux and Plan9 features

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Hurd and Unix/Linux and Plan9 features
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:44:21 +0100 (CET)

   > I see such problems as well. Do hard links even work on GNU?

   Of course they do. Why wouldn't they?

Was just asking.

   I have some ideas for a mechanism that would allow to do such
   inter-translator linking, but it seems rather complicated and there
   are some possible failure modes that I'm not sure how to handle
   sanely. All in all, I'm not sure it's really worth the
   trouble. Probably I will only find out once I start doing fancy
   stuff with translators...

If you do start experimenting with this, please share the results.

   > One could, I suppose, use a similar hack to how symlinks are
   > handled, I think.

   No idea what you mean :-(

Ignore that, just some unprocessed thoughts on the subject.

Cheers.