Re: faq for qemu & hurd image

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: faq for qemu & hurd image
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:54:59 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:32:42PM +1100, vy wrote:

> There was a reference in another thread about why people do not use
> qemu with a prepared hurd disk image. I am new to hurd and didn't know
> of this possibility for running on a gnu/linux platform. A look at the
> following
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/faq.en.html#q2-2
> http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install
>
> did not suggest qemu. Should there be an faq entry for this?

Unfortunately, these documents are outdated; especially in the FAQ, half
of the entries is obsolete. However, as these are static pages, it's not
easy for an occasional contributor to improve them...

The wiki at http://hurd.gnufans.org is more up to date and complete at
least on some topics.

-antrik-