make and the hurd

From: Gustav van der Merwe
Subject: make and the hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:14:25 +0000

Just glancing over bug-hurd and commit-hurd it seems a lot of time is
spent chasing and updating configure and make files rather than actual
source code (although I must admit I am very impressed still by the
maintenance given by the community, special grats to Thomas Schwinge
without whom the traffic on these lists would be significantly lower).
Is there perhaps some better infrastructure that could be used to reduce
this overhead?
A different make system, some kind of automation?
Or perhaps I am overreading the traffic, let me know.

Thanks
--
Gustav van der Merwe <gvdm@paradise.net.nz>