Re: GNU Mach: enabling all (working) device drivers by default?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU Mach: enabling all (working) device drivers by default?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:53:58 +0200 (CEST)

   >    > and b) should now re-visit the file [GNU
   >    > Mach]/i386/README-Drivers and the output of `[GNU
   >    > Mach]/configure --help=recursive'.
   >
   >    And here I should add that you will notice that I also removed
   >    all the aliases for the device drivers but in turn improved
   >    the output of configure's help screens.
   >
   > Please revert this, it makes it hard to do `./configure
   > --help|grep alias'.

   I do not see how having these aliases as configuration options are
   useful, why do you need them?

A user who has a aha2825 card will grep for aha2825 and not for
aha152x, if the aha2825 alias is removed, said user will have trouble
finding the switch for his card.  Some of the option names might even
be outright misleading, --enable-3c59x vs --enable-3c90x, two
completely sets of cards, same driver.