Re: Getting started...

From: Manuel Menal
Subject: Re: Getting started...
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:49:52 +0100

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
and only mounts ext2 filesystems. Is that true?

The latter is true. Well, of course you can also mount ext3 read-only
(as ext2) and FAT, but for "real use" (e.g. for /), there is only ext2, yes.

This is also incorrect, one can use UFS. And then there is iso9660 if you feel brave enough to use a LiveCD.

Well, I'm interested in this : have you recently successed at mounting
real UFS filesystems on GNU/Hurd ? I've tried to mount my FS from NetBSD
and FreeBSD, to no avail. Perhaps you have more information ?

(And *please*, dont use "incorrect" in every sentence. It might be
incomplete, but it isn't incorrect. Gosh, if you were a teacher, I'd
be surprised if you didn't get punches thrown at you once a week).

--
Manuel Menal