Help on disabling IRQ sharing

From: Praveen Kumar
Subject: Help on disabling IRQ sharing
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 04:39:09 +0530

Hello -

I am a new user to GNU/Hurd and I would like to contribute to the development of it. I have downloaded the Debian port (K9) ISOs. I have did a cross install of GNU/Hurd, updated the GRUB configuration and tried to boot into GNU/Hurd with single user mode (-s switch).

But the system hangs after loading the RTL8139 and VIA-Rhine drivers. My motherboard uses nVidia nForce chipset, that has internal audio and ethernet. As I was aware that nForce MCP (internal ethernet) will not work under GNU/Hurd, I have plugged in a RTL8139 ethernet adapter to my free PCI slot. Also, googling showed me that GNU Mach will not boot if IRQs are shared. Looked on some BIOS messages, I see that IRQs are shared. How do I disable IRQ sharing? The BIOS is an Award BIOS. I googled and didn't find answers. I can't resist the temptation to get GNU/Hurd up and running.

I am sorry if the question is so trivial. I searched the mail archives. There are lot of spams and I didn't get relavent answer. Please bear with me.

Thanks -
Praveen.

--
Praveen Kumar