newb troubles

From: Kevin Bullock
Subject: newb troubles
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:04:19 -0500

Hello all.  I am totally new to GNU/HURD.  I have hit a snag:

I created a 2 gb partition on my GNU/Linux box for GNU/HURD (hda2)
I downloaded, booted, and installed the mini iso.
Upon reboot, I receive the GRUB selection screen. When I pick GNU/HURD, it reboots back to the selection screen. Shouldn't the gnumach.gz be in /boot/grub? It's not. I thought the install cd would set the kernel up. Should I unzip the kernel to /boot/grub?

After rebooting, in the terminal I have:
# mke2fs -b 4096 -o hurd /dev/hda2
When I # mount -t ext2 /dev/hda2 /gnu it tells me that directory does not exist. I did not see in the directions to create /dev/hda2/gnu.

For my partition hda2.  Is this hda(0,1) for GRUB and hda0s2 for HURD?

I have read many documentations, but they seem disjointed to my newbieness.

Thank you for the help and opportunity to participate in free software:)

Cheers,
Kevin