RE: ./native-install finished curiosly

From: Jacques Smulevici
Subject: RE: ./native-install finished curiosly
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:56:43 +0200

I try to reinstall everything by following Shaks' tutorial:
http://www.shakthimaan.com/Mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=53

Unfortunately, it hasn't change at all my problem. ./native-install finished by the following line:
cp: cannot stat '/usr/share/sysvinit/inittab'

I had a look into native-install and find this:

# some boot tarballs have a hacked inittab, let's restore it.
cp /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab /etc/inittab

There is no /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab and /etc/inittab

Here I found a interesting discussion about sysvinit and the Hurd:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2004/06/msg00052.html

I had also a look into /var/cache/apt/archives
there is no initscripts package so I suppose that's the problem.

Thank you for any kind of help.

--
Jacques Smulevici