Re: Trying to use cthread_fork() in the right way

From: Andre Caldas
Subject: Re: Trying to use cthread_fork() in the right way
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:38:55 +0900

  Hi Andre!.
Hello!

  Thanks you, very much, for take interest in my question.
  This program
     http://www.nongnu.org/hurdextras/ipc_guide/code/bootstrap_ipc.c
works.

  I only was trying to "introduce" the cthreads programming to it, but i
am afraid that my skills making new code are not too wide.

I am pretty sure you just doesn't have enought experience with threads. If you send _your_ source we can try to figure out what is not working.

  I know the message can be received through the same variable used for
send it, but i found "nice" this author's method for use two diferents
variables.

I think you need to think a little bit about the whole process. Try to think in terms of "what is the machine and the OS doing *exactly* when you call this or that function".

Good luck,
Andre Caldas.