FOSDEM: Hurd Developers' Mini-Symposium Roundup

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: FOSDEM: Hurd Developers' Mini-Symposium Roundup
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:21:18 +0000

Hello,

For those of you who were unable to make it to FOSDEM last week, you
missed a great time.  Not only did we have seven presentation about
people's work pertaining to the Hurd, but the weekend was filled with
rich exchange which I think has helped bring the community closer
together and foster new ideas.  Although it is difficult to relate the
latter, you can see the slides and hear (!) most of the presentations
at http://people.debian.org/~neal/FOSDEM-2005/

The presentations available are:

- Supporting Larger ext2 File Systems in the Hurd
  Ognyan Kulev

- Hurd on L4: Towards Extensibility
  Neal H. Walfield

- Interactions in a Multiserver Operating System: The Importance of a
  good RPC Framework
  Marcus Brinkmann

- L4/Hurd driver model
  Peter 'p2' De Schrijver