hurd not booting

From: ANIL C JOHN
Subject: hurd not booting
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:09:32 +0600 (IST)

dear friends,

i have a serious trouble. I obtained the hurd k7 cd and
made 1.2GB ext2fs partition and installed the base system on /dev/hdb10,
and mount it as /mnt/hurd under linux. After installation, i modified
my grub.conf file to incorporate hurd boot instructions. I did it as
per instructions given in various help files: title GNU/Hurd root
(hd0,9) kernel /boot/gnumach.gz -s root=device:hd0s10 module
/hurd/ext2fs.static --multiboot-command-line=${kernel-command-line}
--host-priv-port=${host-port} --device-master-port=${device-port}
--exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T typed ${root} $(task-create)
$(task-resume) module /lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec
$(exec-task=task-create) after execution of all the above
instructions, NO ERROR MESSAGE is displayed but the boot process just
HANGS without further booting taking place. Only the grub
instructions are being executed without any errors but further booting
does not take place!. Please help.................. Can anybody
suggest what might be the problem? Also i checked /proc/interrupts
there is NO problem of shared IRQS since there isn't
any. regards, anil c john