K7 and K8 ; keyboard recognition;

From: sigbj-st
Subject: K7 and K8 ; keyboard recognition;
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:43:08 +0100 (CET)

I have found that hurd K8 CD1 runs a lot better during installation part and
also the gnumach-kernel than K7.
I have tried out the command Marco Gerards gave me to establish a console to
run startx on

The startx have the problem of recognizing the keyboard and hurd hangs at this
point....
The command 'console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeater=kbd -d pc_mouse
--repeater=mouse -c /dev/cons /dev/vcs'
will not execute the expected result, and returns only with message to check
console --help.

My version shows that I have the switches -d and -c

The same result happens on two different machines and it must be something that
I am not doing right.
Whatever I choose as keyboard it always turn out to give me the Aemrican. This
doesn't matter. What I want is to have an X running.

To me it seems that the whole installation runs to the end with only minor
errors that causes no hang, especially the K8 is smooth here.

So, both install.sh and gui.sh is running to the end.

sigbj-st, Norway.