Re: SV: concerning the K7.iso

From: pietro
Subject: Re: SV: concerning the K7.iso
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:47:15 -0200 (BRST)

sigbj-st said:
> Thank you!
> I downloaded the K7 CD1 and installed it on a 4096MB ext2 -o hurd
> partition.
> Is the partition too big for the hurd? Will not boot ..."cannot map the
> whole drive".....

the hurd package included in k7 doesn't have support for partitions bigger
than 2 gigs. but the latest package has, so you can either use a smaller
partition or use crosshurd to get a working debian gnu/hurd instaled.

> The K4 is also booting on my machine....can the K4 be used as a base for
> GUInterface, or should I go for the K7?

you can try using apt to get the newest packages.

pietro.

--
"Educators, generals, dieticians, psychologists, and parents program.
Armies, students, and some societies are programmed."