Re: Problems with the console

From: Alex
Subject: Re: Problems with the console
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:08:24 +0100

Marco Gerards wrote:

Alex <io_alex_2002@yahoo.fr> writes:

" >>Anyway, the main problem is that I cannor run the
Hurd
console. I have "settransed" the /dev/kbd and tryed
start the hurd console many ways. Here is one
ofwhat
I have tryed :
-> console -d vga -d pc_kbd -d generic_speaker
/dev/vcs

You can't use `-d pc_kbd' for the console and the
/dev/kbd translator
simultaneously. "

---> I have also tryed console -d vga -d
generic_speaker /dev/vcs
   --Same result, the screen becomes black and the
computer stops responding; I think there is something
more important than the keyboard, but I have no idea what.

If you do not have `-d pc_kbd', the console will not respond to input
of course.

If the screen is black there is something else going on.  In that case
the console server is not initialized or /etc/ttys is not set up
correctly.

I think there will be a new Hurd package soon.  It would be better to
use that.

--
Marco
I have updated the system today, and i still have the same problem :

Alex