Re: Marcus Brinkmann speaking live about GNU/Hurd

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: Marcus Brinkmann speaking live about GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:27:18 +0200

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 05:01:03PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    2) it's still impossible to stream using theora (you can ask the
>    theora authors tomorrow on-line).
>
> One can stream using ogg or speex I think.

Ogg is just a container, vorbis and speex are the audio codecs. As the
available as well.

Theora is the OGG video codec, but streaming this is less trivial, I
guess. In any case, this is probably of general interest for the GNU
project, so discussing this on a more general mailing list might be in
order.

Michael