Re: Building and booting the HURD

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Building and booting the HURD
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:38:00 +0200

   For booting the HURD, I found that the instructions on the Debian
   version of Neal's instructions regarding the usage of the terms for
   booting the HURD via GRUB to be difficult to use.

If you could, please suggest a different version of how to use Grub
that is easier to understand.

   even the early tar files for the HURD,

Early tarballs of the Hurd?

   I retrieved the stuff from CVS, and found that I needed the OSkit
   materials, obviously, grabbed a copy from Debian. Also for

I would suggest that you skip using GNU Mach 2.x and just use GNU Mach
1.x.  Then you won't need OSKit.

   cpu.symc:59: error: `MACH_MSG_TYPE_PORT_SEND_ONCE' undeclared
   (first use in this function)

Install Mach headers.