Re: 24 lines terminal

From: Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez
Subject: Re: 24 lines terminal
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:43:24 +0000

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Marco Gerards <metgerards@student.han.nl>
Sent: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:29:48 +0200
To: David Gascón <483969@unizar.es>
CC: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org, bug-hurd@gnu.org, Help-hurd@gnu.org

David Gascón <483969@unizar.es> writes:

> When I start Hurd ; the terminal comes with a 24 lines configuration;
> I would like to change this value.
> I know that I can use the command "terminal --lines=xx" in my GRUB
> menu.lst file; but It just works with other boots such as Debian ones.

How does this --lines feature work?  What did you do and what did you
expect to happen?

Are you using the Hurd console or the GNU Mach console?  You can test
this using the command:

$ echo $TERM

Currently most people use the Hurd console.  Better try that.

--
Marco
---- End Original Message ----

  Hi Marco, and the entire Hurd Staff.

  I, like David and many others GNU beginners, am using
TERM=mach-color, but i want to use the "Marcus" console,
and i don't know what i must to do.

  Is the same the Marcus console and the Hurd console? or
they are different things?.

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards.

  Jose.

http://www.lordofunix.org

Not Registered Bee GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.

Obtenga su E-mail GRATUITO en http://tandilnet.zzn.com
Get your own Web-based E-mail Service at http://www.zzn.com