Re: eepro100 detection fail? (and a success story :-))

From: Sergio López
Subject: Re: eepro100 detection fail? (and a success story :-))
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:18:45 +0200

El mié, 28-07-2004 a las 10:21, arief# escribió:
> Dear all,
>

> I've tried Patrick suggestion, go to the BIOS, and after some round, I
> finally able to make my NIC stand alone at IRQ-11. But still failed. No
> eepro100 detected.
>
> And tried Adrian suggestion and replace eepro100.c from src/ to dev/
> directory, after a lot of fixes of compilation errors, I finally get
> that one compiled. But still failed.
>
> And Marco, thanks for your suggestion, but I don't know how to move to
> another PCI slot in a thinkpad laptop, yet... ;-)
>
> I even try to hardcode IRQ and PCI address of the card directly in
> eepro100.c (in eepro100_init function), I'm not sure I did that
> correctly, but that also did not work. Anybody knows how to do that
> correctly?

The eepro100 driver detects the cards by it's PCI_ID, have your tried to
append your ID to the driver?

Try adding this to the "pci_tbl" structure in
"linux/dev/drivers/net/eepro100.c":

      { "Intel PCI EtherExpress Pro100 82801CAM",
         PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, 0x1038,
         0
      },

--
Sergio López "k0ro"
koro@menteslibres.org

Bee GNU/Hurd: Spanish GNU/Hurd "pkgsrc" powered distro.
http://bee.nopcode.org | http://bee.es.gnu.org