Re: server bootstrap problem

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: server bootstrap problem
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:12:28 +0200

gnu c <gnu.c@seznam.cz> writes:

> hi all, when booting, I've got a message: Hurd server bootstrap:
> ext2fs.static[devide:...] exec

This can have several causes I know of:

- Incorrect multiboot command line.  Did you pass the right parameters
  to exec and ext2fs.static?  Didn't you accidently replace `{' with a
  '('?

- You have updated the Hurd and/or glibc, but something went wrong
  there.

> and bootstrap hangs. what is the problem?
>
> fyi, I have no exotic hw (all unnecessary hw is removed from my pc;
> like sound cards, network cards, cd-roms, etc.). I use gnumach 1.2. I
> boot from hd1,0 (/dev/hdb2). what can cause the problem? how to solve
> it?

When does this happen?  Is this the first time you start GNU/Hurd?

Do you have shared IRQs?

--
Marco