Emacs21 : the Backspace key

From: m_m
Subject: Emacs21 : the Backspace key
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:51:05 +0000 (UTC)

I use GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on Debian GNU/Hurd K5 _Sid_.

In an X session, the first time that I call Emacs from an Xterm in Blackbox,
I can't use the Backspace key for deleting the left characters.

If I push the Backspace key one time, nothing happens, two time Emacs says:
"You have typed C-h, the help character".

If now I exit from Emacs and then I recall it, I've the same thing still,
however if I close the window with Emacs and then I open another Xterm with
the editor, now I can use the Backspace key for deleting the left characters.

I tried also to remove the line with the Xterm from the file '.xinitrc' and I
opened Xterm only by blackbox-menu: in the first window i can't use the
Backspace
in Emacs, in the second window I can delete the left characters.

How is it possible?  bug?? about what? X11?? Blackbox??   me!? :)

Regards,
 m_m

--
'Debian GNU/Hurd K5 _Sid_' packages description:
http://www.e3p.bbk.org/hurd/descripack/