gcc-3.2 problems

From: Rian Hunter
Subject: gcc-3.2 problems
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:09:28 -0500

Hi! I just installed gcc-3.2 in the Hurd using "apt-get install gcc-3.2"
(i installed the hurd through the latest crosshurd). My trouble is that
when i try to compile i get a missing "crt1.o". That is the C startup
routine static library, but shouldn't it have been installed with gcc?
(i searched the entire drive for the file). Does anyone know a better
way to install gcc onto the Hurd? (it doesn't matter which version, 2.95
and up will do fine). Thank you!
-rian