Re: bdf fonts

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: bdf fonts
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:34 +0200

Dmitry V. Zhulanov wrote:
        After success buld hurd and gnumach, I would like to install
russian font and encodings.  Debian doesn't have console-tools package.
I have no idea how I can setup russian.

New console[1] uses Unicode font. I browsed cyrillic pages with lynx, but unfortunately there were some problems. cat(1) worked fine though :-)

[1] http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/HurdConsole

Another problem is that cyrillic input method is missing. There were some efforts for using XKB files, but I don't remember the status of this work.

Regards,
ogi