Re: hello

From: hymette
Subject: Re: hello
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:28:43 +0100

Where did you install it from? Some tarball? crosshurd? CD-images?

I installed it from gnuab CD-images but only the base system, then I used apt'get, but from other sources since I could'nt manage to get the cd image source read correctly by apt-get.

Woody is the current stable release of Debian. Debian GNU/Hurd is still
in Devlopment, so it is only avaiable in 'sid'. For the sake of Debian
GNU/Hurd, you do not need to worry about woody.

Is it normal that dependency conflicts (with xlibs) impede the
installation of Xfree86 ?

That depends on where you got your packages from. Do you have the
gnuab-source in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

no I don't . Do you think that adding it to the sources will suffice to resolve the dependency conflict ?

Many thanks,

Emmanuel