Re: What purpose has the /boot/serverboot.gz ?

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: What purpose has the /boot/serverboot.gz ?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:41:54 +0100

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:26:20PM +0100, sigbj-st wrote:
> /boot/gnumach.gz = the Gnu-Mach ยต-kernel , as I understand it.
>
> The serverboot.gz has a booting purpose, but which and when?

It boots the set of servers that reside in /hurd, known as the Hurd.

This boot method in GRUB is obsolete though, see the FAQ or install guide for
the new one.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)