Re: xconfig hurd;debconf or other?

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: xconfig hurd;debconf or other?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:56:19 +0200

Quoting sigbj-st <sigbj-st@frisurf.no>:

> I have downloaded the Hurd K4 installed Hurd on my machine.
> Have run install.sh and gui.sh from the debianHurd CD.
>
> Hov should I configure the X grafic userconsoll? With the help of debconfig
> program - enthough
> this is not Hurd sensitiv according to the doc manual - or are there other
> ways directly by the
> means of hurd tools?

There are no X configuration tools specific to the Hurd. You can use whatever
you like to configure XFree. You can also (AFAIK) copy the Xfree configuration
file from a GNU/Linux install (for example) and edit the mouse and keyboard
configuration in there.

Some useful information about configuring XFree on GNU/Hurd can be found in the
installation guide:

http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html#SEC16

--
Marco