Re: install problems

From: Marian-Nicolae V. Ion
Subject: Re: install problems
Date: 11 Oct 2003 23:47:26 +0200

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 14:23, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> It does not exist any more.  You have to use the crosshurd package in
> Debian GNU/Linux to install Debian GNU/Hurd.  From hurd.gnu.org:

OK, but I don't go too far with it - after 2 successfull downloads

<<<
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages [1375kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Release [87B]

it stops at retrieving some package

<<<<
99% [Waiting for file]

Err http://alpha.gnu.org unstable/main Packages
  Connection failed
  99% [Waiting for file]

and finally dies with the following message:

<<<<
Fetched 1375kB in 5m0s (4577B/s)
Failed to fetch
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/Packages
  Connection failed
Failed to fetch
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/Release
  Connection failed
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
Failed to download the Packages files.

Any additional ideas?

Marian