Re: Network won't run

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Network won't run
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:23:02 +0200 (MEST)

   > Marco already hacked pfinet so that it can recive and send
   > packets with a source address of INADDR_NONE, according to him it
   > should work.  I haven't had the time todo any extensive testing,
   > or hacking ISC DHCP to setup the interface for us.

   Nope, the patches only allow you to set INADDR_NONE as an address
   for an interface, and configure routing, that doesn't fix it,
   udp_sendmsg() and ip_route_output_slow() don't touch the
   inet_device associated with the output interface, udp_sendmsg()
   passes the socket bound device's index as an argument to
   ip_route_output() wich uses it _only_ when resolving an output
   route fails, wich is the case when the interfaces on your system
   have no addresses.

Ahh, okie, thanks for the information.