Wrong eth0 card detected

From: asubedi
Subject: Wrong eth0 card detected
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:37:26 -0500

Hello all,

I recently wiped out K3 Debian GNU/Hurd installation in my Sony Vaio
PCG-GRX500 and did the K4 installation. I haven't been trying much things
except figuring how  to make network work. The #cat /dev/klog gave me, AOT
(among other things):

eth0: D-Link DE-600 pocket adaptar......
D-Link DE-620 pocket adapter not identified in printer port.
eth1: D-Link .......
D-Link ....

I do not have anything that is called D-Link. My ethernet card is eepro100 (I
did not have chance to test network for K3 installtion which was my first
experience with Hurd).

Also, bddebian pointed out that gnumach also detects eth1: D-Link in his
computer even though it does not exist.

The Hurd still nearly fries my 1.5 GHz mobile pentium processor.

--asubedi