Re: Debian GNU/Hurd

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Debian GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:28:21 +0000

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 06:53:13AM -0700, thomas chan wrote:
> Where can I find/download Debian GNU/Hurd? I visited
> one of those ftp sites from the Debian web site, but
> all that I could see were folders. How can I
> download/save those folders to my PC? Debian mentions
> something about burning the GNU-K4-CDx.iso, how do I
> burn that "image" to a CD? By the way, is there a
> special tool to help me burn all those folders from a
> ftp site to a CD? I'm getting quite confused with all
> of these stuff. Please help!

Everything you need for obtaining a Debian GNU/Hurd CD is in
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd. On burning them:

  "Instructions for burning CDs from the images can be found at
  http://cdimage.debian.org/faq.html";

Also note debian-hurd@lists.debian.org is the list for Debian GNU/Hurd
related questions.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)