Re: Conflicting linux and GNU headerfiles in pfinet

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: Conflicting linux and GNU headerfiles in pfinet
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:17:53 -0700

Marco Gerards wrote:

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

  I'm trying to get some extra ioctl support in pfinet (for
  routing). The problem I'm having is that I need to include the
  headerfile <net/route.h>. Sometimes I need the linux version (in
  the linux code) and sometimes I need the glibc version (for mig
  generated code and for some pfinet (Hurd) code.

Can't you manipulate the -I lines for gcc? I.e. when we are compiling
Linux specific code put the Linux header directory before the Hurd
one, and vice versa.

Perhaps, the building process of the Hurd still confuses me. I think
this requires a lot of work and I'm almost sure there is an easy way.

  >From net/route.h I need "struct rtentry". In net/route.h in the
  linux header files this struct is not defined (it is defined in
  linux/route.h). And in GNU/Hurd it is define in <net/route.h>.

In recent libc's on GNU/Linux rtentry is in <net/route.h>.  Maybe that
another way of fixing the problem...

No, I'm using that one. The problem is that the linux header files conflict.

Thanks,
Marco

Marco,

From just poking around google for a while it appears that ortentry is old 4.3 compatibility so it would appear to me that /bits/ioctls.h should probably use rtentry. Or you would have to check in your code in order to have to support 4.3 and use ortentry in that case otherwise, use rtentry..

Does that help any or am I just blowing more hot air about things I know nothing about?? :-)

--
Barry deFreese
Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
winning." Rich Cook.