Problem with booting HURD

From: Ole Andre Birkedal
Subject: Problem with booting HURD
Date: 09 Jun 2003 19:53:37 +0200

Hello there.
When booting HURD from my laptop I got
the message "FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077".
I am running debian gnu/linux and there I
have to boot the installer with the ide-pci
floppy or cd-image, could these things
be releated, and is there some ide-pci boot
thing for hurd (i hardly doubt it, since i
googled on it for some time)? Would then the
only answer to this be to cross-compile hurd
with support (or however this works, never used
hurd) for this floppy controller (which i think
is causing it)?

I found some old questions about this in the same
list, but never fully answered :-(.
I would be thankful for any comments and/or advices,
and if anything was unclear, please let me know.
--
Note to self: get smarter troll to guard door