RE: Has GNU Mach & Hurd been ported to IA-64 platforms?

From: Gregg C Levine
Subject: RE: Has GNU Mach & Hurd been ported to IA-64 platforms?
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 00:37:57 -0400

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Do you have Linux running on a native IA-64 machine? You would need
the entire GNU development tools successfully ported to the IA-64
architecture, and have actually built stuff there, that works, before
you can consider the logic of building the entire operating system
that this represents

Also, you can see for yourself on the appropriate websites where you
can find everything. Check www.gnu.org for that. Granted this sounds
rather short, and possibly surly in response, even rude, and I'm
probably going to get zapped over it from the others, but that is the
basic state of everything. Building, and releasing version one of
this, is first on their lists, then considering a port, is still
further along.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi