Libre Software Meeting 2003

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Libre Software Meeting 2003
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:36:39 +0200

Hello,

[ Please Cc: me for the answers ]

Some of you might be aware of the fact that the Libre Software Meeting,
2003 edition will take place in Metz from July, 9th to July, 12nd.

Like last year, there will be an "Operating system and kernel
development" topic. I am not sure that I will be present for the LSM,
but anyway I am currently trying to organize this topic, i.e to find
people coming to LSM to give presentations.

Last year, GNU/Hurd guys were very active, and I was wondering if some
developers were coming again to LSM, and if they could give some
presentations. Gaƫl Le Mignot (kilobug) already told me that he will be
able to give a general presentation of the GNU/Hurd. I would appreciate
if more technical and in-depth presentations could be given, for example
about the port to L4, or the L4 micro kernel itself.

During the LSM, GNU/Hurd install parties or hacking parties could also
be organized. During these hacking parties, people that are not involved
in the project could learn how to write translators, and the internals
of the system.

Of course, the topic is also opened to other operating system projects,
so if you are aware of some interesting projects, don't hesitate to let
me know.

For the moment, there is no "official" Web site for the LSM 2003, but
there is already a Wiki [1], and a special section dedicated to our
topic [2].

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://wiki.ael.be/rmll2003/