Running Hurd+Linux side by side

From: Reny Sebastian
Subject: Running Hurd+Linux side by side
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:32:07 +0530

Hi all,

I invite your opinion about running Hurd and Linux side by side
on the same machine. As GNU is supporting Linux and Hurd is a GNU OS,
I feel that It will be beneficial for the both user communities to run both
OS
concurrently on the top of Gnumach (Mach was designed to support multiple
OS simultaniously). If Linux will be ported as a multiserver or a single
server OS
(I don't know how much effort it will need. But Linux has been running on
Mach
with MacOS) both OS can share their services for file systems, networking
etc.
Implementing an emulation in any of these OS will not fully satisfy both
user domains.
Is somebody working in this line already? I would like to know your opinion
about
this subject.

Regds,

Reny Sebastian