RE: boot problem - fsck

From: Joachim Nilsson
Subject: RE: boot problem - fsck
Date: 02 Apr 2003 20:49:47 +0200

ons 2003-04-02 klockan 02.11 skrev Gregg C Levine:
> > http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Distrib/TarballNotes20030126
> Can any of you provide me with some insight regarding the contents of
> these tarballs? Right now I am in the process of downloading the Bzip2
> compressed version of the tarball in question, and I have lots of
> questions regarding its contents.

The contents of the tarball is listed in the file

   ftp://ftp.gnufans.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/joachim/FILES

> Starting with where do I extract it to? I've already constructed an
> EXT2 file system  for Linux here, and I  also have GRUB setup with a
> menu entry for it. Lots more questions here, don't want to flood the
> list with them.

First and foremost RTFM

   http://web.walfield.org/papers/hurd-installation-guide/

If that does not help, see the user contributed issues on the Wiki

   http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/InstallNotes

 /Joachim - "Use the source, Luke!"

--
Joachim Nilsson :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46(0)21-123348 :: <http://vmlinux.org/joachim/>