Re: nfs questions

From: James A. Morrison
Subject: Re: nfs questions
Date: 01 Apr 2003 15:19:38 -0500

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 09:47, grant@seinfeld.arrowstreet.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if GNU/Hurd can serve nfs shares? If it's possible,
> how would one go about setting the translator for it?
>
> Thanks
> MattG

 There should be an nfsd installed on your system.  Setup /etc/exports
as you normally would and run nfsd.  That is it.  However, the nfs
client may not be able to take advantage of the hurdish features.

 E.g. a nfs client accessing a file translated by my old multiple
firmlink translator would only ever get the first file that the
firmlink pointed to.

Jim